Killings in Southern Kaduna to hinder 2023 general elections – SOKAPU

Killings in Southern Kaduna to hinder 2023 general elections – SOKAPU

Southern Kaduna indigenes have expressed fear that the continuous attacks and killings in their communities are to disenfranchise them from participating in the 2023 general elections.

The spokesman of SOKAPU, Luka Binniyat, in a statement lamented that the invaders are allowed to violently exploit their lands.

He called on the government to take urgent steps to fish out the perpetrators of the heinous crimes and return all displaced persons to the communities very urgently.

The spokesman explained, “As we approach the 2023 general elections, we already have over 200,000 who have been displaced by violence from over 145 communities in five LGAs of Southern Kaduna.”

SEE ALSO:  2023 presidency: Confusion in APC as Goodluck Jonathan struggles to enter through party’s back door

“There is little hope that they will return to their voting points before the general elections. If their villages are not secured for their safe and peaceful return, SOKAPU would have no reason not to believe that the main aim of the attacks on their communities is to disenfranchise them while the invaders are allowed to violently expropriate their lands to their use as the booty of their unchallenged crime,” the statement added.

According to the statement, each day and night people are killed or kidnapped with the government looking on, stressing that it is very obvious that the insecurity in Southern Kaduna is getting worse by the day.

SEE ALSO:  JUST IN - Buhari travels to US next week Tuesday 

The SOKAPU spokesman explained that on the 18th of May, 2022, Achinge Luka, 35 and a widower, was riding on his motorbike at the beleaguered Unguwan Magaji village, Kamaru ward, Kauru LGA in Southern Kaduna when armed Fulani herdsmen men laid ambush and shot him dead, adding that they went away with his bike.

It said Luka’s case is most pathetic because his wife and only child were killed in last year’s August 2 attack on Unguwan Magaji and environs in which SOKAPU reported the massacre of over 70 persons by armed Fulani Herdsmen.

SEE ALSO:  Kaduna woman healed of breast, intestinal, liver and stomach cancer shares testimony as she steps out wearing dress she was to be buried in

The statement further explained that Unguwan Magaji has been attacked about five times in two years with scores of people killed and property looted and burnt, yet no culprit has been apprehended.

It said in the early hours of Wednesday, that 18th May 2022, armed gunmen invaded Totace village, Kujama ward, Chikun Local Government Area (LGA) in Southern Kaduna and killed three aged men namely; Bulus Magaji (male) 75, Yakubu Sukuru (m) 70 and Amos Israela (male)10.

According to the statement, “The invaders who attacked the village around 2am also kidnapped nine (9). Their whereabouts is still unknown. 

Join Our WhatsApp Group


About Author
Dammie

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.