How to install wordpress plugin – The Easy Way
WordPress plugins are like apps for your WordPress website. They allow you to add new features to WordPress like a contact form, slideshow, shopping cart, and more.
There are thousands of free and paid plugins available for WordPress. In this step by step guide, we will show you how to install a WordPress plugin.
Install a Plugin using WordPress Plugin Search
The easiest way of installing a WordPress plugin is to use the plugin search. The only downside of this option is that a plugin must be in the WordPress plugin directory which is limited to only free plugins.
First thing you need to visit the Plugins » Add New page inside your WordPress admin area.
You will see a screen like the one in the screenshot above. Find the plugin by typing the plugin name or the functionality you are looking for.
You can pick the plugin that is best for you. Since in our search, we were looking for WPForms which is the best WordPress contact form plugin, we’ll click the ‘Install Now’ button next to it.
WordPress will now download and install the plugin for you. After this, you’ll notice the ‘Install Now’ button will change into the ‘Activate’ button.
How To Install a Plugin
On Wp-admin dashboard
- Go to appearance > plugin > add new > upload then select the plugin and upload.
- WordPress Plugin upload layout has not been showing on mobile using Chrome browser lately, just activate desktop mode by clicking the right top corner of your Chrome browser, there you will see desktop site, tick it and reload the page, you should be able to see the upload button now.
- Go to file manager > click on wp-content > Plugins > upload the zip file and extract it there
- Go back to you wp dashboard now check your installed plugins, the plugin should be there now
Via File manager plugin on wp-admin dashboard
- Go to Plugins
- Add new, then search for file manager
- Install the first one, then activate
- You can now access the file manager trough your wp dashboard.
- Go to wp-content > Plugins > upload the zip file there and extract
This should be able to guide you through the upload.