BLOGGING TUTORIALS: How To Move Your Posts from WordPress To Blogger
I’m sure you have a good reason for wanting to transfer your blog from WordPress to Blogger so i won’t try and talk you out of it. The major problem you need to find a solution for is the different file types.
When you export your content from WordPress it produces an WXR file format which Blogger cannot import as it uses the XML file format.
Solution: Convert your WordPress WXR file into a Blogger XML format and your import will be a walk in the park.
You can move from either a free hosted WordPress.com blog or a self hosted WordPress.org powered site to Blogger. The 3 step process involves:
- Exporting your content in a WXR file
- Converting your WXR file to XML format
- Importing your XML file to Blogger
WordPress bloggers follow these steps:
Step 1. Export Posts From WordPress
- Login to WordPress and go to your Dashboard | http://yoursite.wordpress.com/wp-admin
- Click on the Tools tab
- Click on the Export tab
- Save the file to your local computer
- Go to your saved export file and use the Browse button to find your WordPress WXR export file on your local computer | Click here to change from wordpress file to blogger file
- Click convert and your WordPress content will be converted from WXR to XML
Step 2.Import Posts to Blogger
- Login to your Blogger blog
- Go to setting > other then
- Click the Import Content and import your WordPress content in XML format to Blogger
- Publish your imported posts to Blogger
Then you’re good to go